Hello! I’m Niacinamide, but you can call me Vitamin B3. I’m a skincare multi-tasker, so I get along well with just about every skin type and skin concern. Here’s what skincare experts know about me, and some reasons they think I’m special.
What is Niacinamide?
Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B3, a water-soluble vitamin that is very compatible with other skincare ingredients, such as hyaluronic acid, retinol, peptides, alpha and beta hydroxy acids, and vitamin C. Since niacinamide is also compatible with all skin types, it helps support and strengthen dry, aging, stressed, irritated, blemish-prone, and even sensitive skin. Niacinamide is an ideal ingredient whenever dull, irritated, or dehydrated skin needs a dose of brightening, soothing, and hydrating.
What does Niacinamide do?
- Pumps up hydration and prevents water loss. As skin ages or is stressed by external aggressors, moisture-boosting ceramides become depleted. As a result, skin can become dry, dehyrated, flaky, and sensitive. Niacinamide helps stimulate ceramide production to ward off dehydration and transepidermal water loss (TEWL). It also works in tandem with other hydrating ingredients to boost skin moisture and plumpness to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Reduces redness and inflammation. Niacinamide has been shown to counteract inflammation from acne and rosacea as it strengthens and supports skin by helping improve the skin’s protective barrier. It can also inhibit excess oil production and improve microcirculation, which can help reduce skin breakouts.
- Shrinks the appearance of pores. Excess oil production can stretch pore diameter of pores, making them look larger. Enlarged pores can easily become congested and lead to breakouts. However, niacinamide has been shown to regulate oil production, which helps normalize pore size.
- Brightens skin and fades dark spots. Niacinamide improves uneven skin tone, increases radiance, and minimizes the appearance of dark spots, pigmentation, and post-breakout marks. It also helps neutralize free radicals that can otherwise lead to discoloration and redness.
- Boosts collagen production. Niacinamide enourages collagen synthesis, which helps smooth out fine lines and wrinkles and improve tone, firmness, and elasticity. Niacinamide also helps prevent collagen breakdown by supporting the skin barrier and protecting skin from free radical damage caused by UV rays and environmental stressors.
GET YOUR DOSE
Niacinamide is a friend to all skin types and just about every skin condition, helping skin appear brighter, firmer, smoother, more radiant—and healthier-looking overall. Niacinamide also plays well with other active ingredients, including antioxidants, peptides, growth factors, AHAs, and more.
So, where can you find this multi-tasker? For a start, check out these Le Mieux products featuring niacinamide to treat a varity of skin concerns.
Target congested pores and sweep away excess oil with 10% mandelic acid, niacinamide, and licorice root extract. Use 2-3 times a week.
OH MY GLOW SERUM
Craving poreless, luminous skin? Line-filling serum with niacinamide, 10 forms of hyaluronic acid, and diamond powder helps volumize and create a “glass skin” glow.
OH MY GLOW ACTIVATOR
Skin-strengthening kombucha, multi-tasking niacinamide, cell-energizing manganese, and diamond powder instantly hydrate, nourish, and brighten skin.
Hit the reset button on dull, lackluster skin with a glow-getting serum loaded with 2 forms of brightening vitamin C and multi-tasking niacinamide.
Supersize your results! Transforming growth factor serum with niacinamide helps minimize fine lines while boosting the benefits of other skin care products.